Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Some Real-Talk, for what it's Worth:


Three Islanders were badly injured at this passing disaster.  That being said, kinship toward people who live where I do wasn't what drove me to write this - the fact that misfortune hit Boston means that those affected deserve their respective support.  In short: I'm very, sincerely sorry to those who were affected by this passing event. For the longer version, well, you can read on past the break.

Two bombs were detonated this passing Monday, April 15th, very close to the finish line at the Boston Marathon. Three were killed, more than a dozen severely injured, and over one hundred were casualties at the least. Investigations aren't turning up much in the way of valid conclusions right now - nobody really knows what happened. I'm glad that the President has responded so incredibly quickly to this almost absolute act of terrorism, I'm very glad that investigators are immediately at work to figure this all out, and I'm equally glad that America, alongside most of this cynical world, are all coming closer together in this time of great upheaval.

Many runners who had already finished the race were not in the midst of the explosions, but an equal amount of participants, as well as innocent civilians, were traumatized and devastated by this attempted massacre. It is unforgivable, unfathomable in understanding, and like Obama promised, I hope "those responsible will feel the full weight of justice".

Again, I am sincerely sorry for those affected. In a way, I think we all were. I feel strange leveling with you all about this; I wasn't there and I wasn't even the target of this attack...but I suppose events like this can shake people much farther than a shock wave could. I hope everyone is doing well today - take this next week to recuperate, relax, and enjoy life in its entirety. Everything's going to be okay.

I've got two other articles on the go right now - don't worry, I'm working! I just feel that this needed to said.


~WILL